Give Yourself The Gift Of Grace In Your Career



Image by: Daria Shevtsova
I get really disappointed when I bomb* an interview. Especially if it is an opportunity that I really wanted to further my career. However, the one thing that helps me to combat my disappointment is grace. 

This holiday season and beyond, whether you failed to get the job you were hoping for, experienced a setback in your career, or are having a tough time staying motivated in pursuit of your career goals, remember to give yourself the gift of grace. 

Grace is recognizing that you are human, you will make mistakes, and these mistakes don't have to define you or your career success. Because… 
You are Great
You are Resilient 
You are Able
You are Courageous 
You are Enterprising 

While I am aware that disappointment creeps in when I bomb in my career, I also recall who I am. Affirming yourself during disappointing times can help you to continue to push ahead to all that is in store for you. 

Save this acronym as a gift from me to you in your career journey. 

Best of luck today, and always. 



*Urban Dictionary describes Bomb as something really bad; a failure




Share:
© i work nonprofit | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig