![]() |
| Image by: Pexels |
Is your leadership impactful? Throughout my career, I've developed my leadership style and abilities through various experiences, including making mistakes, improving communication, and addressing micro-aggressions. Through learning from both poor and effective leadership, I've discerned what constitutes good leadership.
In my learning, I dedicated time to observing and admiring leaders with skills and attributes I respected, sought mentorship and career coaching, underwent personality assessments, and reflected critically on my performance evaluations to identify areas for growth. In addition to, understanding my strengths to leverage. This journey of self-discovery led me to recognize my authentic, transformative leadership style.
However, In my self-discovery, also realized that not all workplaces appreciate my style of leadership. Some prefer transactional leaders, while others favor autocratic, democratic, or hybrid approaches. Recognizing this, I understood that to truly flourish as a leader in my field, I needed an environment that supported my growth.
So, when I pose the question, "Does your leadership matter?" I encourage you to reflect on whether your leadership is valued in your current workplace. Here are some guiding questions for your introspection:
1. Do you lead with confidence?
2. Do you feel a sense of belonging?
3. Is your authenticity noticiable to others?
4. Do you maintain peace when making decisions throughout the day?
Based on your responses, I challenge you to critically assess how you present yourself and lead. There's immense value in aligning with the organization's mission and culture, but ultimately, an organization has to align with your impact and value as a leader.
Best of luck!
